my phone is awesome. it’s an iPhone. at any moment i can:
check my email
pay my phone bill
check my bank statement
make a car payment
update my twitter/facebook status
track my weight loss
read the Bible
check the weather
keep up with the latest football games
listen to music
check the latest woot.com ‘shirt of the day’
and oh…send text messages and make phone calls.
it’s pretty great.
but if i’m not careful, i am proned to be more concerned about my phone than i am about how close i got to looking like Jesus today. dang. that hurt.
just thought i’d remind myself of that.
for all you iPhone users out there. iShoot is a must have App. $1.99 will buy you endless amounts of joy.
*NOTE: “Mashinator” is yours truly. I am dominating this round.
on friday march 6, i was born. it was 1984, of course. so that would make me 25. a quarter of a century.
so, in light of that. i opted to write out 25 things that you probably already know, but wouldn’t mind being reminded of.
1. I have smelly feet
2. I do laundry way too much
3. I try to wake up everyday at 5:00a.
4. I often fail at #3
5. In over 3 years of playing baseball, I only hit the ball once.
6. I had an Apple sticker on my car before I had a MacBook (or an iPhone)
7. I just recently received an iPhone…it has changed my life.
8. I am easily amused.
9. I don’t watch scary movies
10. I am not the best movie critic
11. I wish I read more books in any given month
12. I sometimes indulge in Ricola Throat Drops (Cherry Honey flavor), even when my throat doesn’t hurt.
13. I would fail as a professional blogger.
14. I like energy drinks way too much.
15. I sweat easily and profusely.
16. I really don’t like washing the dishes.
17. I love Toquitos
18. I often eat late at night…and then wonder why I’m not losing weight.
19. I don’t see the sense in daylight savings
20. The only movie that has ever gotten me genuinely ticked is Changeling.
21. I could go for Tortilla Chips and Salsa anytime of the day.
22. I enjoy eating out.
23. I am slowly beginning to understand what it means to live in God’s grace.
24. I think a goldfish is a sorry excuse for a pet
25. I told myself I would never write out “25 things about me” … oh well.
this weekend was a bit busy. I spoke in all 3 of our Junior High services…which went really great. Bill Holbrook did wonderful leading volunteers so I wouldn’t have to worry about any of that.
my talk was on boundaries in dating. great subject for jh kids.
then sunday night came. this time bill spoke in velocity, which was a nice break for me. we wrapped up our “goin’ all the way” series with a talk on loneliness. bill hit it out of the park.
our next series is called ‘red letters.’ watch the promo video here.
another key event this weekend: i was given a free iPhone. a volunteer decided to bless me with his 4G 1st generation iPhone. i am now an AT&T customer.
i’m still reading crazy love and tribes
what i’m excited about: like having an iPhone isn’t enough?!? i’m excited to solidify our summer trips, as well as plan for our EMERGE weekend experience.