My small group is going through Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick.
I have been a fan of what God is doing through Steven, the church and the book.
So I was pretty excited to be going through it with my friends.
This past week we went over the chapter/video about faith confessions.
It was so helpful…and convicting.
The main theme is that in order to stay focused on the life God has for you, it is important to SPEAK the right things.
Speaking truth over your life has tremendous power.
It allows your mind to be focused on Christ instead of the challenges facing your life.
It allows you to approach each situation throughout your day through the lens of faith.
Here are the 12 faith confessions that are in the book.
I encourage you to make them a part of your life…
or write your own!
- I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation (Romans 8:1-2; Ephesians 1:7-8; 1 John 1:9)
- I act in audacious faith to change the world in my generation (Joshua 10:12-14; John 14:12)
- I have no fear or anxiety; I trust in the Lord with all my heart (Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Peter 5:7)
- I am able to fulfill the calling God as placed on my life. (Exodus 3:9-12; Psalm 57:2; Colossians 1:24-29)
- I am fully resourced to do everything God has called me to do. (Deuteronomy 8:18; Luke 6:38; Philippians 4:13)
- I have no insecurity, because I see myself the way God sees me. (Genesis 1:26-27; Psalm 139:13-16; Ephesians 5:25-27)
- I am a faithful spouse and a godly parent – our family is blessed. (Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Ephesians 5:22-25; Colossians 3:18-19; 1 Peter 3:1-7)
- I am completely whole – physically, mentally, and emotionally. (Psalm 103:1-5; Matthew 8:16-17; 2 Corinthians 5:17; 1 Peter 2:24)
- I am increasing in influence and favor for the kingdom of God. (Genesis 45:4-8; 1 Samuel 2:26; Acts 2:37-47)
- I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ. (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17; 1 John 3:16; 4:9-12)
- I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make. (2 Chronicles 1:7-12; Proverbs 2:6; Ecclesiastes 2:26; James 1:5)
- I am protected from all harm and evil in Jesus’ name. (Genesis 50:20; Psalm 3:1-3; 2 Thessalonians 3:2-3)
One of the convicting questions we answered in small group was this:
Which of these confessions do you struggle with the most?
How about you? Is there one confession where you would say “Yea, I have a hard time living that out.”
Would love to hear your thoughts.